Re: [PPLetterpress] Combining illustrator and photoshop for polymer output.

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2009
      Wendy

      You will have to reduce the photoshop to a 1-bit (bitmap) TIFF and
      place it in Illustrator.

      I usually use the Threshold filter to control how the gray edge
      converts to black/white.
      Also, before converting your PS image, duplicate it! Then you can fall
      back easily to the original if the conversion is not as you'd like.

      good luck!

      Peter

      On 21 Feb 2009, at 11:09 AM, thenest1 wrote:

      > So, I'm planning to have some plates made and I have some questions:
      > I have part of the art drawn in photoshop using a tablet. The file
      > was originally grayscale, but
      > what was drawn was essentially black lines created with a hard brush
      > tool. I then have type
      > with a frame around it in illustrator. The frame was created using a
      > pattern brush.
      > My question is should I make the photoshop part of the file a bitmap
      > and place it in
      > illustrator to combine the two? (I tried live tracing it, but it
      > puts in little hooks and artifacts
      > that I didn't really like.) And are there any Issues with having the
      > pattern brush output?
      >
      > Thanks for any words of advice.
      >
      > ~Wendy

      Peter Fraterdeus
      Almost Freeā„¢ Business Cards from Exquisite Letterpress
      http://slowprint.com/almostfreelp

      New! SlowPrint Newsletter!
      Signup: http://tinyurl.com/slowprint
      Current: http://slowprint.com/slowprintnl