typography books, cont'd

  • Brian Molanphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2002
      greetings,

      what do folks on this list think of 'a type primer' by john kane?

      brian
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2002
        --- In PPLetterpress@y..., "Brian Molanphy" <bmolanphy@c...> wrote:
        > greetings,
        >
        > what do folks on this list think of 'a type primer' by john kane?
        >
        > brian

        Hi Brian

        Kane's _A type primer_ is my text of choice for introductory
        typography. Its very accessible, covers all the necessary material,
        and doesn't get in the way. Kane's theoretical approach is quite near
        my own so I was sold on it right off.

        But, since you asked the question, what do you think of it?