Re: [PPLetterpress] film

  • Bryan Hutcheson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2009
      Before we purchased our image setter I tested a few different
      options, including laser black film. The quality was not what we
      needed for printing wedding invitations with very fine line artwork

      bryan hutcheson
      manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
      4 open square way - L101
      holyoke, ma 01040
      p:877.529.0009

      www.manifestopress.com
      _________________________________
      full-service commercial letterpress
      announcements
      stationery
      packaging
      posters

    • letterpress_man
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
        I need to buy film for my ECRM VR36 imagesetter and was wondering what finish others were using. I have the option of matte finish at a higher cost or juat the regular gloss finish at a better price. My supplier said the flexo printers like the matte better so I was checking to see what others in the group were using.

        Thanks Rick
      • Harold Kyle
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
          Matte works better for photopolymer plates--the surface helps the vacuum between the film and the plate. I'm not sure what the amount would be for you, but I considered the additional cost money well spent (considering the cost of a poorly exposed photopolymer plate).

          Thanks
          Harold

          --
          Boxcar Press