film

  • letterpress_man
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2009
      Has anyone had any experance with a Pressmate-FS laser film system
      making polymer plates. They claim to be as good as an imagesetter in
      quality but have not seen the work. Most claims like this seem to
      fall short of the qualiy\ty needed.

      Rick
    • Bryan Hutcheson
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2009
        Before we purchased our image setter I tested a few different
        options, including laser black film. The quality was not what we
        needed for printing wedding invitations with very fine line artwork

        bryan hutcheson
        manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
        4 open square way - L101
        holyoke, ma 01040
        p:877.529.0009

        www.manifestopress.com
        _________________________________
        full-service commercial letterpress
        announcements
        stationery
        packaging
        posters

      • letterpress_man
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
          I need to buy film for my ECRM VR36 imagesetter and was wondering what finish others were using. I have the option of matte finish at a higher cost or juat the regular gloss finish at a better price. My supplier said the flexo printers like the matte better so I was checking to see what others in the group were using.

          Thanks Rick
        • Harold Kyle
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
            Matte works better for photopolymer plates--the surface helps the vacuum between the film and the plate. I'm not sure what the amount would be for you, but I considered the additional cost money well spent (considering the cost of a poorly exposed photopolymer plate).

            Thanks
            Harold

            --
            Boxcar Press