THE ART OF LOST WORDS

  • Helen Ingham
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2009
      Hi all, apologies for the mass email, anyway here's an invitation and
      details of an exhibition I'm taking part in soon. It's in a good
      cause so spread the word and maybe see you on 6th, if you can make it,
      Textgallery would like an RSPV so they know how many cocktail sausages
      to buy (or just let me know and I'll tell them!)
      Keep well, keep warm,
      Helen I.

      ----------

      http://www.textgallery.info/

      05 - 09 MARCH 2009

      The German Gym
      Pancras Road, NW1 2TB
      (opposite St Pancras Int'l)

      PRIVATE VIEW
      06 March 2009, 6pm - 9pm

      THE ART OF LOST WORDS

      An exhibition of design, typography and illustration inspired by
      forgotten words.

      41 participants have chosen from among the dictionary's lost but
      lovely words, with an open brief to create an original work inspired
      by their choice. Work (and the words that inspired them) will be on
      display at the German Gym and available online for purchase from 6
      March. Proceeds from sales will go towards the National Literacy Trust.

      PARTICIPANTS

      Angus Hyland / Andy Altmann: Why Not Associates / Geoff Grandfield /
      Sue Doggett / Jonathan Ellery / Andreas Pohancenik / Calum Storrie /
      Mark Webber / Ceri Amphlett / NB: Studio / Freda Sack / Daniel
      Pudles / Thomas Manss & Co / April / Kelvyn Lawrence Smith / Lara
      Harwood / Lila Szagun / johnson banks / Sam Winston / Russell Mills /
      Andy Smith / Helen Ingham / No Days Off / Rama Lee / David Pearson /
      Audrey Niffenegger / Spyros Zevelakis / Mike Dempsey / Loftmatic /
      Viviane Schwartz / SPIN / Kate Gibb / Brian Webb / David Quay / Alan
      Kitching / Lizzie Ridout / Hyperkit / Sam Messenger / Ellie Curtis /
      Christopher Rainbow / Jens Janson / Sarah Roesink (in alphabetical
      order of words chosen)

      Helen Ingham
      Hi-Artz Letterpress,
      PO Box 927, Luton, LU1 5ZF