PDT4 [cross-post]

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2009
      Copies of the fourth edition of Printing digital type on the
      hand-operated flatbed cylinder press will ship beginning January 30th.

      http://bielerpressxi.blogspot.com/2006/07/printing-digital-type-on-hand-operated.html

      Gerald
    • rternbach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
        Great! Can you point me to a url where I can do a paypal purchase?

        Best regards,

        Rudy Ternbach
        South Hadley, MAsstts.

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...>
        wrote:

        > Copies of the fourth edition of Printing digital type on the
        > hand-operated flatbed cylinder press will ship beginning January
        30th.

        > http://bielerpressxi.blogspot.com/2006/07/printing-digital-type-on-
        hand-operated.html

        > Gerald

      • Elisabeth Long
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
          > Copies of the fourth edition of Printing digital type on the
          > hand-operated flatbed cylinder press will ship beginning January 30th.

          Gerald: Could you summarize what kind new information is in the latest
          edition. I have copy of I think the 2nd edition, and as you've
          released newer editions I've wondered how much I'm missing out on?

          Thanks
          -Elisabeth Long
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
            Elisabeth

            The second edition was a significant expansion beyond the first
            edition and is likely relevant to your needs. Though information
            regarding software, fonts, etc., is outdated.

            The sections on Troubleshooting photopolymer plates and
            Troubleshooting presswork are eliminated in the fourth edition. The
            section on Sources was eliminated from the third edition.

            Changed in the fourth edition are the Font Modification Sequences for
            Fontographer and FontLab Studio. They are now written for OS X.
            Previous editions, from the 2nd Revision (edition one) onward, had
            Font Modifications Sequences for earlier versions of the OS.

            The Examples of Font Modification was eliminated in edition four.

            PDT4 is a revised, corrected, updated, and slightly expanded version
            of PDT3. Added to it is a Section titled Notes on photopolymer plates
            and letterpress printing, which addresses some concerns regarding
            problems and cautions that have surfaced over the last several years.

            PDT has evolved as contemporary letterpress printing with the process
            has evolved over the last decade. Thus it is always in need of
            periodic revision.

            Note that Appendices eliminated from the later versions are available
            in the Files section here.

            Okay, way too much information, right?