Re: Platemaking pictures

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
      Hi Ben

      Nice acquisition and photo presentation.

      If I may (and you know I can't help myself), some un-asked for ideas
      regarding efficiency:

      You might want to get yourself a paper shears to cut those negatives
      and plates. That will save you a great deal of time.

      Especially because it seems a bit too much daylight (and UV from that
      light table) is being allowed to effect the unprocessed plates. They
      will begin to self-process at any given opportunity! And those
      polyester-backed plates can back-expose. Little rascals. Any ambient
      pre-exposure could result in problems.

      I hope you are not actually looking at that UV light during exposure
      and that it is just for purposes of the photo demo; that kind of UV
      ain't so good for your eyes in the long run.

      And last, save yourself some time and probable problems, spray flush
      and sponge dry the plate while it is still on the platen. Get it into
      the oven as FAST as you can.

      Just some friendly advice.