RE: [PPLetterpress] Platemaking pictures

  • Robert E Blesse
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
      Thanks for sharing that, Ben. That Jet A2 is a very impressive platemaker!
      Cheers,
      -- Bob

      Robert E. Blesse
      Director, The Black Rock Press
      Department of Art/322
      University of Nevada, Reno
      1664 N. Virginia Street
      Reno, NV 89557

      775-682-5630 - Office
      775-233-2546 - Cell
      blesse@... <mailto:blesse@...>
      www.blackrockpress.org <http://www.blackrockpress.org/>

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
        Hi Ben

        Nice acquisition and photo presentation.

        If I may (and you know I can't help myself), some un-asked for ideas
        regarding efficiency:

        You might want to get yourself a paper shears to cut those negatives
        and plates. That will save you a great deal of time.

        Especially because it seems a bit too much daylight (and UV from that
        light table) is being allowed to effect the unprocessed plates. They
        will begin to self-process at any given opportunity! And those
        polyester-backed plates can back-expose. Little rascals. Any ambient
        pre-exposure could result in problems.

        I hope you are not actually looking at that UV light during exposure
        and that it is just for purposes of the photo demo; that kind of UV
        ain't so good for your eyes in the long run.

        And last, save yourself some time and probable problems, spray flush
        and sponge dry the plate while it is still on the platen. Get it into
        the oven as FAST as you can.

        Just some friendly advice.