Re: [PPLetterpress] Re:Hot metal type

  • Fritz Klinke
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 12, 2008
      We have sold both Dale Guild type and from existing stocks of new ATF type to book binders, but I agree that it is an undeveloped type sales area. The hard metal formula of ATF type does well in many book operations. And many binders now use mag plates, even for single volumes, and pass the cost along to the client.

      For an interesting prcing schedule for monotype/Thompson cast type being sold to hot foil stamping people, take a look at the Howard Imprinting site. Some of these folks with Howard came from Kingsley and they aggressively market their machines, but steer clear of printers.

      Fritz