Type for Hot Stamping

  • okintertype
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2008
      I hot stamped some napkins using handset type (probably monotype), and
      discovered some rounding of the edges. Later I stamped some Christmas
      cards using a Ludlow slug. I did not notice any deterioration of the
      type, but it was a short run (25-50).

      I would certainly not use any of my expensive handset type for hot
      stamping. Ludlow has a lot of different typefaces, and if it gets
      damaged, it is easy to cast several duplicates. To me that would be
      the highly preferred way to go for hot stampling.

      Stan