Online linotype?

  • Kerri Hicks
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
      Hi! I'm looking for any resources you might have for web sites to
      order lines of cast linotype.

      I have a local provider that casts lines for about $2 per line, but
      their selection of fonts is rather limited.

      I looked at Don Black's web site, but was unable to find a place to
      order lines of type in particular fonts...I don't know if that's a
      service they offer, but the web site made it impossible for me to find
      anything like that.

      All I want to be able to do is choose a font and size, type in my
      text, and get some cast lines of lead.

      Any ideas? Thanks very much!

      --Kerri
    • Matt Kelsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
        See:

        http://linotypesetting.com/html/home.php

        This is Michael Babcock's project. I haven't had occasion to order anything,
        but he has an excellent assortment of linotype mats.

        Matt Kelsey

      • speedgray@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
          I do type composition on both Intertype and Ludlow.

          Please contact me off list at _grayandgrayco@..._
          (mailto:grayandgrayco@...)

          Thanks,

          Speed Gray