Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Thinning rubber based inks

  • Carole Aldrich
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hi Gerald

      I'm using a C&P Pilot and yes, VanSon and Impreset (sp?). I was
      taught to work the ink until it drips in "strings". I printed this
      weekend and after a lot of working it barely did that and was hard to
      get evenly on the ink disc. I know my black is really hard. I need to
      get my Christmas cards printed soon.

      Carole Aldrich
      carolealdrich@...
      909-625-7722
      909-374-2981 cell

    • okintertype
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
        I have had the same problem with VanSon rubber base ink. I have a one
        lb. can that was never opened during the year I had it, and it is
        already much thicker. The local dealer has no explanation. Since I
        don't use much ink, and it must be durable for long periods of time, I
        can't afford to use rubber base ink.
        Stan

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Carole Aldrich"