Camera copy

  • letterpress_man
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
      I was wanting to see what others are using for paper and printers to
      make a good camera copy from a pdf. I can't seem to find the right
      combination. Any help would be appreciated.

      Rick Shearer

      Oliver Brinn Letterpress
    • Lamsland
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
        I get to use a laser imagesetter so I'm not shooting copy these days.

        My printer of choice however would be pretty much any Postscript 1200
        dpi laser printer.

        For paper I always like a 70# bright white offset text sheet. Laser
        printers will print on a coated sheet, but I never had a lot of luck
        feeding coated papers through them.

        On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:51 AM, letterpress_man wrote:

        > I was wanting to see what others are using for paper and printers to
        > make a good camera copy from a pdf. I can't seem to find the right
        > combination. Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Rick Shearer
        >
        > Oliver Brinn Letterpress

      • parallel_imp
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "letterpress_man"
          <letterpress-man@...> wrote:

          > I was wanting to see what others are using for paper and printers to
          > make a good camera copy from a pdf.

          Rick, I am using 24# "Microprint Laser 1000" bought at clearance sale
          at Kelly Paper. Previously, I used Hammermill Laser Plus (with
          wax-holdout!).
          Kelly still shows Microprint Laser in their catalog, in 24, 28 and
          32 pound weights.
          --Eric Holub, SF
        • Jody
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
            Hi, for camera ready copy,
            Any good b/w laser printer with Postscript, even as old as a LaserWriter 16/600ps.
            Good smooth 25 lb bond will do.
            But the PDF can't be bad to begin with.

            Dave Cuatt

            The above answer provided by my PCC professor, a lifelong printer extraordinaire.

            Jody Kenney