Re: R: metal shears

  • parallel_imp
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2008
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "ductormanpaperboy"
      <ductormanpaperboy@...> wrote:

      > I have a small triumph electric guillotine that I use to cut up my
      > paper, I am afraid to use this on cutting plates, would a steel back
      > km152 plate damage the blade??

      It sure would, or at least dull it immediately. It is designed to cut
      through stacks of paper, with an acute blade coming down more or less
      flat.
      All the cutters suitable for cutting metal-backed plates start the
      cut at one edge and then shear across, the blade edge having a much
      wider angle.
      -Eric Holub, SF