Re:(no subject)

  • parallel_imp
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2008
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Kim Vanderheiden
      <paintedtongue@...> wrote:

      > I don't know if you might have one or not, but we use a large Ingento
      > 36x36" paper cutter that to cut pre-exposed plate material and plates.

      I use a different brand, but basically the same wooden table and blade
      hinged to it. At 24", it is just enough leverage to cut through
      unexposed .060" photopolymer. Kim's advise is good, especially the
      back-trimming. I'd add that wiping the blade with a damp rag before
      each cut helps the blade slide through unexposed photopolymer, and
      removes any residue. A gummy blade may lead to grabbing and bending
      over the plate.
      The more expensive Kutrimmer does have a heavier blade, safety guards
      on handle and at cutting edge, clamp, side guide: all real improvements.
      --Eric Holub, SF