Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Composing program?

  • Roberta Lavadour
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2002
      > I have also worked prepress, and don't get me on my soapbox, but Microsoft
      > Publisher is not a professional program and most prepress people with
      groan
      > with agony at having to deal with those files

      In an off-list message to the original poster, I noted that Publisher is a
      great tool if you *don't* plan to have service bureau negs made (and should
      have mentioned that in my other post).

      My experience has been with creating negatives on acetate with a high
      resolution laser printer - something that isn't suitable for most text but
      sometimes more than adequate for images and/or bolder, rustic text that can
      absorb the inconsistencies. (used for artist's books which I wouldn't try to
      pass if off as "fine press" work)

      with best wishes,
      Roberta

      Pendleton, Oregon
      paper@...
      http://www.missioncreekpress.com
    • Katie Harper
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 5, 2002
        I am working on a translation of one of my letterpress books into French,
        and am wondering if there is anyone on this list who can help. Please
        contact me offlist. Thanks.

        Katie Harper
        Ars Brevis Press
        Cincinnati, OH
        513-233-9588
        http://www.arsbrevispress.com
      • ANDREAS PRIVE
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 11, 2002
          Le 5.11.2002 19:44, « Katie Harper » <knharper@...> a écrit :

          > I am working on a translation of one of my letterpress books into French,
          > and am wondering if there is anyone on this list who can help. Please
          > contact me offlist. Thanks.
          >

          > Katie Harper
          > Ars Brevis Press
          > Cincinnati, OH
          > 513-233-9588
          > http://www.arsbrevispress.com

          > PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
          > • Encountering problems? contact:
          > PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
          > • To unsubscribe:

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          Hi Katie I speak french and live in Geneva
          Andreas Schweizer
          8, rue de la Puiserande
          1205 Genève- Switzerland
          T: + 41 22 320 56 28