Re: [PPLetterpress] font problem

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 5, 2008
      Eric

      If you still need the info I have conversion sequences for TT to PS1 and
      PC to Mac, using Fontographer. These are from the old Altsys
      "underground manual." I use them all the time.

      Gerald

      parallel_imp wrote:
      > I need to make some photopolymner plates for someone who did the
      > design work on a PC using the TTF font Guardi, in Pagemaker. My
      > service bureau intended to convert the PC TTF font to a Mac version
      > and open the document in Mac Pagemaker 6.5.
      > As font files I was sent "GUI_____.TTF", "GUI_____.PFB" and
      > "GUI_____.PFM". One would not open in Fontographer, one opened as
      > Guardi italic and the other as Guardi 56 italic, no roman or boldface
      > present. The service bureau had the same result.
      > Any ideas what is happening here? Incomplete font or improper
      > processing?
      > thanks, Eric Holub, SF

    • Iohannes Daubmannus
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2008
        GUI_____.PFM and GUI_____.PFB are the files of pc type-1 font italic
        typeface, i guess (GUardy Italic)
        GUI_____.TTF is the file of (the same, I guess) true-type font italic typeface.

        Is roman or bold typeface really used in the work?

        I think it's better to send a PDF with all fonts embeded.
      • Iohannes Daubmannus
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 5, 2008
          .pfb is pc type1 outline file
          .pfm is pc type1 metrics file
          that's enough for pc type1 fontface.

          .ttf file is the only file needed as pc true-type fontface.

          fontfaces are grouped as fontfamily in menu by data recorded in file
          info (inside file), but lonely typeface will still work.

          guess, you have lonely typeface, italic, in true-type and type1 variants.