Letterpress Classes in Berkeley, CA

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hey Guys!

      I am teaching two letterpress courses this fall, Polymer Plate
      Letterpress and Relief Letterpress. Both are two day workshops and
      are introductions for anyone who is interested in letterpress. In the
      Polymer Plate Letterpress class we will be using plastic backed plates
      on a Boxcar base. In the relief class we wil be doing two color
      reduction prints. Send me an email with any questions. Contact Kala
      Art Institute to sign up!

      www.kala.org

      Class #53: September 23, 30: Sundays 10am-5pm
      Tuition $210 Materials $50 Total Cost $260

      These easy-to-use photosensitive plates allow you to incorporate
      digital imagery and text into letterpress printing. Learn how to make
      and print these versatile plates using Kala's Anderson-Vreeland
      platemaker and Vandercook proofing press. The course will cover
      multiple color printing and registration on a variety of papers.
      Enrollment is limited to 7 students.

      Class #55: October 6-7: Saturday - Sunday 10am - 5pm
      Tuition $210 Materials $20 Total Cost $230

      A two-day workshop for artists interested in exploring the
      versatility of the Vandercook press as an art-making tool. Designed in
      the early 1960s for industrial printing needs, the Vandercook press is
      also perfectly suited for producing large editions of perfectly
      registered relief prints with remarkable ease. Although this press can
      handle paper up to 19" in width, the workshop will focus on a small
      scale format to explore as many experimental techniques as possible in
      a short period of time. Also covered are the mixing of inks and
      multi-color printing. Enrollment is limited to 7 students.