Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: resolution

  • Iohannes Daubmannus
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
      Gerald, thanks for your explanation!

      > Isolated elements

      Now I thought: is a common resolution test with stroke patterns (like 1951 USAF
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1951_USAF_Resolution_Test_Chart) suitable
      to determine minimum size of _isolated_ objects?..
      I'll add lines and dots with triple thickness distance between.
    • Iohannes Daubmannus
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
        please, take a look at my chart for the test:
        http://www.bjorn.kiev.ua/letterpress/res_test.pdf
        values (widths and dots' diameters) shown in postscript points.
      • Nicolas Goosen
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
          Very nice!

          I was just reminded of the 'Resometer' chart. Considering that the
          Resometer target is nearly $400 I'd have to say that your chart rocks!

          -Nicolas

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
            Iohannes

            This should work. I recall that BASF recommended printing a ruler in
            regard to stretch on cylinder mounted plates (just to ensure the math
            was correct). So you are on a proven track.