Recycle your photopolymer plates via Boxcar Press

  • Harold Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008
      We knew there had to be a way to keep letterpress printing plates out of the
      trash, even though our polymer manufacturers told us otherwise. So we made a
      better way. We are proud to launch the Boxcar Press Photopolymer Plate
      Recycling Program, or BPPPPRP (pronounced BPPPPRP). Boxcar Press will foot
      the bill for recycling the polymer plates of any existing Boxcar Press
      customer. All you need to do is pay for postage of the plates back to us.
      We've partnered with a national recycling agency, who will recycle your
      plates into consumer goods and car parts.

      Here's how the program works:

      #1. The first week of any month, send your plates to:

      Boxcar Press Photopolymer Plate Recycling Program
      c/o "let me help, baby"
      501 W. Fayette St., #222
      Syracuse, NY 13204

      #2. We can also recycle scraps of unexposed polymer, and we can reuse the
      protective cardboard as well, so send all this back to us. There is no need
      to take off the silicone and adhesive on your plates.

      #3. If you use both plastic-backed and steel-backed plates, please place in
      separate bags.

      And that's it! Here's to keeping our landfills photopolymer-free.
      http://www.boxcarpress.com/platemaking/letterpress-plate-recycling.html

      Thanks,
      Harold

      --