Flurry wants your crazy press moving stories

  • Harold Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008
      Submit your craziest press-moving story for Flurry (win a press and a
      t-shirt).

      Flurry ( http://www.flurryjournal.com -- a new online journal about
      letterpress printers) needs you. In particular, Flurry needs your press
      moving stories. And not just that time when you hired riggers and everything
      went really smoothly. Post a comment on Boxcar's blog (
      http://www.boxcarpress.com/us/blog/?p=35<http://www.boxcarpress.com/us/blog/?p=35%29>)
      briefly summarizing what crazy things your love for letterpress has
      caused
      you to do with really heavy machinery (or, if you're shy, email us:
      liftgate@...). How far were you willing to go for your cast iron
      beauty? DIY madness, adrenaline, photos, reenactments, and adventure are all
      encouraged. We'll contact our favorite riggers-in-training and help develop
      their stories for Flurry. The best story will win the right of first refusal
      for Boxcar Press's *free* 2-ton Miehle V-50 Vertical press, as well as a
      Boxcar letterpress t-shirt (
      http://boxcarpress.com/photopolymer-supplies/boxcar-merchandise.html)<http://boxcarpress.com/photopolymer-supplies/boxcar-merchandise.html%29>featuring
      your choice of press (Vandercook; Windmill; C&P; or Sigwalt). And
      we'll feature the best stories in an upcoming article on Flurry. Post your
      summary by August 15.

      New stories on Flurry ( http://www.flurryjournal.com ): Jim Rimmer, P22
      Check out a Q&A with Jim Rimmer, letterpress titan, and read about Richard
      Kegler's P22 digital typefoundry. New articles essential to the letterpress
      world are published quarterly. Sign up to Flurry's RSS feed, or email
      notification, to hear about when new stories are posted.

      Thanks!
      Harold

      ---
      Boxcar Press