Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: engraver's test press

  • Robert Tauber
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
      Gerald, Lisa, et al. -

      I learned how to print collotypes from Kent Kirby and have done numerous editions of books and broadsides with many collotypes numbering from twenty or so copies to well over one hundred copies using a Vandercook, all with excellent results --- one broadside was a true duotone, utilizing two different hand rollers (soft and hard) with two different viscosity inks (loose and stiff).

      Collotypes are tricky; printing them is much like blowing bubble gum bubbles all day long.

      Bob Tauber
      Logan Elm Press
      614-688-3973
      tauber.1@...