PP MAchine Reviews & Insights

  • jamesdissette
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2008
      I want to thank everyone for their input regarding the pp machines,
      including Gerald's correction on calling it a "ppl" machine. I've
      grown accustomed to looking at the term "photopolymer" phonetically
      and holding onto the "L"

      An A nd V rep is sending me information on the Orbital X (and yes, the
      Cosmo is a flex machine) and pricing to compare with Jets. And Gerald,
      yes, I understand the continual costs of raw plastic. In light of a
      project coming up for us, however, ( a 2-volume set of books, each
      1,000 pages), to job it out would cost upward of $60,000. No matter
      what, we'd save even if that's the last long pp job we had. It's not
      our intention to go into commercial pp business~that's the last thing
      I need. However, most of our projects seem to be getting hefty.

      Parts and service for any of the machines is a concern, of course, and
      US manufactured machines, I would hope, are easier to service than
      those manufactured elsewhere.

      So I thank all of you for your help and focus on this matter and I
      will keep you updated with any new inofrmation I discover during the
      process.

      Jim Dissette
      Chester River Press
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2008
        Jim

        You might also want to investigate used or reconditioned machines:

        Links > Materials, supplies, equipment > Used photopolymer platemaking
        equipment

        Both A&V and QDPP always seem to have listings.

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "jamesdissette"