9923Re: [PPLetterpress] Imagesetter and Jacob

  • Andy Keck
    Jul 5, 2008
      Don't forget that the exposed film out of the imagesetter has to go
      somewhere. And that somewhere would be a film processor of an
      appropriate size. You'd need a transmission densitometer too for
      calibrating the whole mess. Probably a water panel too. I haven't done
      that kind of budgeting in a while, but for a whole film workflow to
      make sense cost-wise, you'd have to be doing pretty significant volume
      on a regular basis.

      There's also a dry-process type film that might be more suitable to
      small volumes, but I suspect the equipment is more expensive up front.
      I've never used the technology as we generally skipped over it when we
      moved to platesetters.