9852PPLetterpress to close

    Jun 18, 2008
      "Nothing gold can stay" wrote Carl Sandburg. PPL has been the largest
      letterpress related email list for some time now but I feel we have
      peaked, and the time has come. As John Derek said in the film Knock on
      Any Door, "Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse."

      On August 14, exactly seven years from its founding, with regrets, PPL
      will close.

      Thank you all, past and present, for the ride, I've enjoyed it, but
      it's getting a little backdated. Time to say good bye, good night, God
      Bless. And, long live letterpress.

      Gerald Lange
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic