9807Re: Material for Platemaker

  • Casey McGarr
    May 24, 2008
      Gerald,

      Yes, a bit more organic. A roll of rubylith is pretty cheap so it wouldn't be costly to
      experiment. My wife also does illustrations and I thought this may be a good medium for
      both of use.

      It certainly cannot replace fine printing of typography but rather another medium could be interesting.

      A friend of mine Dirk Fowler uses gasket material to make images (not using
      photopolymer) and then mounts it to a particle board and prints. He does great poster
      work. He also said he'll cut up cheap place mats and mount to a base. http://www.f2-
      design.com/.

      Thanks for the information Gerald, I keep you posted.

      Casey