9805Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Material for Platemaker

    May 24, 2008
      On 24 May 2008, at 12:15 PM, Gerald Lange wrote:
      > Casey
      >
      > I use Rubylith and Amberlith for masking out elements (for different
      > exposure times of different elements from the same film negative) so I
      > assume you could. Don't know how the exposed area of the photopolymer
      > would react naked to the Kreene but it wouldn't take long to find out.

      I've been experimenting with cutting Rubylith with an Xacto. It comes
      as a peel off.
      I've been assuming that I'd peel away the area to expose and leave the
      mask on the backing, which would keep the Kreene and pp separate, no?

      Haven't actually gotten 'round to a test exposure yet, though. Maybe
      this week.

      > Are thinking of a paper cut look to the images?
      >
      > Gerald
      >

      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McGarr" <casey@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Is it possible to make a good photopolymer plate with Rubylith?
      >>
      >> I want to do some illustrations that have more of the hand drawn
      > technique and less digital.
      >>
      >> If it doesn't work then I'll continue to scan, redraw, and output
      >> film.
      >>
      >> I appreciate any responses, thanks.
      >>
      >> Casey
      >> www.inkylipspress.com