9786Re: PPWeirdness (dampening follow up)

  • kringds
    May 8, 2008
      Hi Gerald,

      I was browsing the archives on dampening paper and came across your post below in
      which you seem suprised at the dampening of Lettra. Could you tell me why you were
      supprised?

      I am getting ready to print a job on 32# lettra and am debating if I should dampen the
      paper. I will be printing on polymer plates with primarily line art with black ink.

      I have dampened heavier weight paper before with good results but I am wondering if it
      makes sense for a lighter weight paper. I assume it does. Could you or anyone with
      experience let me know their opinion on this?

      As always, thanks for the help and advice.

      bryan kring

      > Probably. I still have demon catchers hanging from the ceiling, though
      > I have taken down all the tribute images of Moloch.
      >
      > Dampened Lettra!!! Interesting.
      >
      > Gerald
      > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
      >

      > > Yes. As noted I've had plenty of good luck before Mercury retrograde
      > started ;-)
      > > These little 'antelope' greeting cards were done with the 'old'
      > yellow pp... ( dampened Lettra on the V219)
      > >
      > http://www.exquisiteletterpress.com/cards/exquisitegreetingcards/archive/samples/
      unique-invitation-designs-by-kf/P1020933.JPG