      From: jekenney1
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 1:16 PM
      Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: How to Get Ink-Dirty Rags Cleaned in La Cañada/Pasadena A...

      Thanks, Fritz and all. My problem with the whole thing is environmental AND cost. I can't
      afford to throw things "away" if I can help it. But if I can work with an established print
      shop (or machine shop, or gas station) for a nominal fee, ideally it would be no problem
      for them and a big relief to my environmentally-overloaded conscience, honed to a
      painfully sharp point over 55 years.

      Because I'm a student at PCC, I thought I'd continue my investigations by talking to the
      printing department there. I know that their machine shop gets rags cleaned, and my
      guess is that they all use the same service.

      There's a print shop just down the street from my home. I'll talk with them and see what
      happens, and report back to the group.

      Speaking of re-use, Fritz, I have usable roller cores from my Pilot... I suppose you can get
      them re-covered! Next time I need ink, I'll send them along to you.

      I appreciate everyone's brainstorming on this topic.

      Jody