9484Re: platemaking issues

  • itsfancyletterpress
    Mar 11 6:41 AM
      I think I am going to take one of my small space heaters and build a little metal box with a
      couple of trays for air drying. That way the air is circulating the entire time past the plates.
      The oven was an "in a pinch" solution that I will not be using again. The crop marks did
      not go wavy but did in fact start to flatten out in the oven. The one that was left in by
      accident did in fact go soft on the type and art. The ones that were in there just 10
      minutes did not have issues.

      I made 9 small palates out of which one needed to be remade due to my neglect. I only
      had one comma drop on the short run of 400 impressions so I get to put that mark in by
      hand tonight. There are 6 pieces total in a 2 color to the wedding set I printed. I took pics
      of the steps along the way but there are things I will be improving on my exposure unit
      over the summer.

      cody