9483Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: platemaking issues

  • typetom@aol.com
    Mar 10, 2008
      In a message dated 3/10/2008, itsfancyletterpress@... writes:

      I did forget about a plate in the oven last night and pulled it out after
      about 35 minutes. The thin lines, corps and some of the type got too soft and
      started to move around.

      Hi Cody,
      Thin lines that seem to have moved or become wavy more likely are a sign of
      being too long in the washout. I've never had that happen because of my
      hairdryer! I suppose the polymer could melt, but I know it can get soft and
      distorted if it is in the water too long.
      Tom