9479Re: platemaking issues

  • parallel_imp
    Mar 10, 2008
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Cody L <itsfancyletterpress@...>
      wrote:

      > [. . .] Until my 12 step gauge comes in I have a 14 step gauge
      > that I tried to use but it really is no help

      Cody, there are many different grayscales. The right one here is a
      21-step platemaker's grayscale, made by Stouffer, which is a
      transmission scale. There are other brands, but most maufacturer's
      specs refer specifically to a 21-step scale, with target around step
      16 (varies with mfr).
      A 12-step scale (at least from Stouffer) is a camera (reflection)
      scale and not useful for this purpose.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic