9462Re: platemaking issues

  • John G. Henry
    Mar 6, 2008
      For several years before I got my own polymer platemaker, I used a
      NuArc Fliptop platemaker for imaging photopolymer. I used a sheet of
      frosted mylar (used by architects and drafts-people when they still did
      drawings by hand).

      Check out the mylar supplies at your local art supply store and buy a
      couple sheets. If you find you need more diffusion, stack them up above
      the Kreen to diffuse the light. I found I got good results with this,
      but you will have to slightly increase the exposure time to overcome
      the fall-off in light being transmitted.

      Here is a link to one supplier's version of this material:

      Blick sells this stuff for cutting stencils, & it should work for the
      purpose as well as anything.

      If you give it a try, please report back. Others will appreciate the
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic