9211Re: Challenge Proof Press

    Jan 20, 2008
      Casey

      I would tighten those screws only very finger tight. Locking them down
      doesn't really resolve the problem (of the rollers constantly going
      out of adjustment) and finger tight is going to save you a lot of
      aggravation.

      The real solution to the problem is heavier (thicker) rollers. An
      SP-15 (and similar sized Challenge) suffers more for the lack thereof,
      a Universal I or III or SP-20 suffers less.

      I've tried every possible realistic or imaginary solution to the
      problem. I don't think there is one. But as inconvenient or
      frustrating as it might be to constantly readjust the rollers, it is
      still far easier than hand inking on an iron hand press.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McGarr" <casey@...> wrote:

      > Paul.
      >
      > I have had this press for 7 years and have overlooked that Allen Hex
      screw. I can not believe I
      > have overlooked that in all these years. You have made my day. Thank
      you.

      > I love this list.
      >
      > Casey
      > Inky Lips Press