912Inks & Scanner

  • Katie Harper
    Sep 11, 2002
      Well, now I'm really curious about why I'm getting such good results with
      thinner, runnier offset inks than I am with the stiff letterpress inks.
      Sounds like others are liking the stiffer inks better. Does it have to do
      with my presses? Papers?

      Another question: I have to replace my Microtek scanner. I don't want to buy
      another of their products again (long story having to do with lousy
      support). Am leaning toward HP 3570 cxi, as I have been impressed with HP's
      support in the past, and this one has a transparency adaptor and 1200 dpi
      optical resolution. Does anyone have experience with this or similar
      scanners, or any other recommendations?

      Thanks.

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press