901Page border-ornament examples

  • Katie Harper
    Sep 10, 2002
      I'm working on a job that is going to require a very light, tasteful page
      border or ornament to be letterpress printed on each page of the book. It
      should be delicate but neither feminine nor masculine. Hard to explain, but
      I know I have seen examples, just can't think where. I have a few things in
      metal that might work, but most are heavier and more ornate in style than
      what I need, so I'll probably end up doing it digitally and making a plate.
      I have looked through all my books about books, printing, design, etc., and
      cannot find any examples of these types of things. Can anyone recommend
      books or other sources where I might find examples of this type of thing?

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press
      Cincinnati, OH
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic