878Re: [PPLetterpress] Mounting base questions

  • Harold Kyle
    Sep 2, 2002
      On 8/31/02 5:52 PM, "Bryan Hutcheson" <bryan@...> wrote:
      > ....But is it going to cause me expensive headaches in the
      > long-run?

      It depends on how well the bases are machined and how effective your
      mounting system is. Although steel shouldn't cause too many headaches in the
      machining, its weight (105 lbs on that 18x24 versus 36 lbs in aluminum)
      might lead to a backache.

      I'm not sure how you will mount steel-backed plates your steel base. Perhaps
      you could wire an electro-magnet?! I can see it now... Plate drift? Just
      turn up the voltage. After printing, the plate releases from the base at the
      flip of a switch. How convenient! You can scrap metal on the side! Let us
      know what you find.

      Harold

      Boxcar Press
      640 Fellows Avenue ~ Syracuse, NY 13210