8470Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: buying old type

  • Graham and Kathy
    Oct 3, 2007
      Nothing offends me unless it's meant to, and then I wonder if being
      offensive was the sole purpose of the response, and if so, that offends me!

      To your point:

      What was the life expectancy of comparable workers in other industries at
      the same time? How big was the sample and are the samples restricted to
      location? Is there a comparison between the country printshop and the city
      printshop? Is there a separation between print factory workers (rather than
      printers) and print foundry workers? What were the figures for other foundry
      workers outwith the print industry? How do these figures relate to the
      introduction of Linotype and Monotype machines into printshops - are there
      pre and post Lino and Mono figures for comparison?

      Of course there's more questions; what gets into the body and how it gets
      there is the issue, along with stopping it from getting there. You know
      that, so don't try bullshitting me!

      Looking forward to seeing you next week.

      Graham Moss
      Incline Press
      36 Bow Street
      Oldham OL1 1SJ England