Skip to search.

8465Re: buying old type

    Oct 3, 2007
      Graham

      The average life of a printer in the very early years of the 20th
      century was 23 years old. This has to do with industrial conditions.
      Don't you think this is food for thought? I actually have a very
      intense collection of books relating to industrial/health practices.
      If I tell you you are full of shit would you be offended?

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Graham and Kathy
      <kwhalen.incline@...> wrote:

      > You actually have to ingest the stuff for it to do you harm. So long
      as you
      > don't breathe it in as dust or gas, or eat it (inadvertently by
      sucking your
      > loaded fingers or by chewing type), there's no risk. Same as lead
      loaded
      > paint - it's not made for eating, and if kids didn't eat toys,
      there'd be no
      > problem.
      >
      > There's no record of any printer dead from lead, and the problem of lead
      > related poisoning was recognized many centuries ago.
      >
      > Be as careful and attentive as you would be walking across a road -
      look,
      > think, pay attention. No worries!
      >

      > Graham Moss
      > Incline Press