8462Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: buying old type
- Oct 3, 2007You actually have to ingest the stuff for it to do you harm. So long as you
don't breathe it in as dust or gas, or eat it (inadvertently by sucking your
loaded fingers or by chewing type), there's no risk. Same as lead loaded
paint - it's not made for eating, and if kids didn't eat toys, there'd be no
There's no record of any printer dead from lead, and the problem of lead
related poisoning was recognized many centuries ago.
Be as careful and attentive as you would be walking across a road - look,
think, pay attention. No worries!
36 Bow Street
Oldham OL1 1SJ England
> <lisaxdavidson@...> wrote:
>> You're joking, right?
>> On Oct 2, 2007, at 8:35 AM, George Chapman wrote:
>>> And of course as you examine the type with a magnifying glass, be
>>> sure you
>>> are wearing the most sophisticated mask available to avoid
>>> breathing in
>>> those particles of lead oxide.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>