      From: Gerald Lange <Bieler@...>
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:38 pm
      Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: vandercook repair/trip mechanism/Boston area

      Lisa

      If the spring is not broken (look on the floor and under the press for
      pieces), you may be able to get the press back working with this
      simple trick. It sounds dumb, but it works and has saved many a
      harried SP owner. The mechanism may be tangled from short-rolling the
      press. Which you should never do on any of the SP models. The cylinder
      must be taken to the end of the press each and every time.

      Get yourself a big screwdriver and shove it up into the mechanism
      until it clicks over.