8329vandercook repair/trip mechanism/Boston area

  • lisa_parula
    Sep 22, 2007
      Hello,

      I have a Vandercook SP-15 with a broken trip mechanism. (it just
      suddenly stopped working while printing yesterday--no prior
      indications of problems). Can anyone recommend a repair person in the
      Boston area?

      The trip lever is stuck on print, but the mechanism itself seems
      stuck on trip (i.e. it is not able to print.) I have looked at the
      manual, at info posted on-line and into the press itself, and am
      confused about how this mechanism works. (??? how the action of the
      trip lever is even connected to the parts of the trip traveling with
      the drum and rollers. . .etc.???) But I do understand that this
      possibly could be a broken trip spring, and when i look into the
      mechanism with a flashlight, I can identify the spring on the handle
      side of the press, but can't even seem to see that there is one
      present on the other side. ????? I would prefer to have someone who
      knows these presses come in and diagnose/fix the problem, but if this
      isn't possible, then I assume that it is something I will have to
      figure out myself. Any thoughts or suggestions?

      many thanks,

      Lisa Olson
      Parula Press
      Belmont, MA