8304Re: [PPLetterpress] wine bottle labels

  • Scott Rubel
    Sep 13, 2007
      The only labels that survive moisture are either stamped right on the
      bottle or shrink-wrapped on. Paper never does well after a certain
      amount of time. Maybe printing it with a coat of lacquer or something
      like that will make it last a bit longer.

      That's all I've got right now. A theory: probably tree-based papers will
      disintegrate faster because their fibers are not only weaker, but tend
      to be shorter, I believe, than hemp or cotton.

      --Scott