8159Re: Miehle V-36

  • Lance Williams
    Aug 1, 2007
      Hey Fritz,

      You made me go check our serial numbers to see where we stood in
      line. All our presses are pre-War V-50's. Serial numbers 11694,
      11748, 12117 and 12318, respectively. All the presses were bought
      new directly from Miehle.

      We also have one post-war V-50 we picked up from the NYS School
      for the Deaf in Rome back in the early 80's when they sold off all
      their letterpress equipment (We got the V-50 and an Intertype for
      $500).

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Co.
      Camden, New York
      APA #785

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "nagraph1" <nagraph@...> wrote:

      > Some Miehle Vertical dates: V-36 introduced in March 1922, V-45
      > introduced late 1931 with serial number 7343, the pre-war version
      of
      > the V-50 introduced March, 1940 with serial number 11119. The post
      > war model had several design changes. Serial number 15,000 was
      > delivered in 1953. Then there was the X model, introduced about
      1965-
      > 66.
      >
      > Fritz
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic