7669Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Boxcar Base

  • Blue Barnhouse
    Apr 2, 2007
      We have a Universal I that came with a bunting base that almost fits
      the width of the bed (shy 1/16") and fills all but 2.5 inches of the
      length of the bed, the first of which is down near the gripper side,
      the remaining 1.5" on the back end, which is where all the quoin
      action happens to happen. It is as if some god of the press (is
      there a god of printing?) had poured hot metal into the bed until its
      height was roughly .85". Works fine with a boxcar plate (given the
      fact we have an adjustable bed.)

      Brandon