749Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Rialto Pressa ink traps

  • Tim Honnor
    Jul 18, 2002
      Gerald:
      I seem to be up and running again now but am not sure how I read
      previous mail about mounting bases etc.
      Sorry to sound so prehistoric.
      Tim

      In message <ah5ksv+37n9@...>, bielerpr <bieler@...>
      writes
      >--- In PPLetterpress@y..., Peter Fraterdeus <peterf@d...> wrote:
      >> Indeed, the first digital type I designed, Prospera(tm) (see
      >http://www.alphabets.com) has traps, not for letterpress, but for visual
      >clarity.
      >>
      >> It turns out that it works BEAUTIFULLY for letterpress as well ;-)
      >>
      >> In particular, with a light inking, a firm impression and dampened rag
      >stock...
      >> Down to 4 points ;-)
      >>
      >> PF
      >
      >Hi Peter
      >
      >Isn't 4-pt the lower size limit with page-layout programs? First
      >piece I ever printed with photopolymer was 4-pt. Kinda sold me on it.
      >
      >But, what is the trapping on Prospera? Did you ever write about this?
      >Somewhere I have some of the early issues of Mice Type (?) where you
      >discuss Prospera. Anything on trapping in these?
      >
      >Gerald
      >

      >• To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
      >PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      >• Encountering problems? contact:
      >PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
      >• To unsubscribe:

      Tim Honnor - Piccolo Press - 90 Harbour Street - Nairn - IV12 4PG
      tel: 01667 454508 fax 01667 454509
      www.piccolopress.co.uk
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic