7085Re: [PPLetterpress] Rollers...?

  • Lance Williams
    Dec 1, 2006
      The 10x15 Craftsman has 4 rollers. Both the hand-fed models and the
      auto-feed models. We have them both... The addition of the lower double
      roller bracket was one of the improvements to give better inking on larger
      forms over the standard 10x15 new series....

      That being said, however, I can say that you can print just fine with just
      a pair of rollers unless you are doing heavy coverage, large faces or large
      solids. We run our 10x15 with Rice feeder with just a pair of rollers all
      the time, but we are also just printing 8 to 12 lines of 12 or 14 point
      type on the front of glassine envelopes, and we have a full fountain
      attached to maintain ink levels evenly.

      On the 10x15 hand fed, we have been printing the front and back of
      booklets, where the back side is pretty full coverage of 3x8 inches with
      some large bold faces, and to get really good inking, we do need to run
      with all 4 rollers.

      I would not try to run with just 3 rollers because the saddle brackets
      would not support the single roller properly, and might snap from stress in
      the operation of the press.... If you could find a set of single hooks
      from a 10x15NS, they might fit the Craftsman to give you a single roller
      holder...

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Co.
      Camden, New York