7083Re: varialable speed motor sugestions

  • bellky6030
    Nov 30, 2006
      I haven't used this motor on a printing press but on lots of other
      equipment and it's a tough little workhorse. From Grainger Supply get
      a DC permanent magnet motor (#Z480C, I think) and a Dart brand
      controller. The Controller will accept 120 or 240 VAC and rectify it
      for an output of 0-180v DC to power the motor. All kinds of torque and
      lasts forever.

      Hope this helps,
      Dave

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "londonbellman"
      <londonbellman@...> wrote:

      > Howdy members,
      > What is the general opinion of motor size needed to run a
      10x15 C and P. A/C or D/C
      > motor? Is there a particular type/brand of motor and variable
      rheostat that will work better
      > than others? The press I am speaking of has a motor on it at present
      but is only a single
      > speed and that speed is the "On" speed.:) It would be nice to have a
      little more control.
      > Please give me your suggestions.
      > Thanks in advance. Regards.London

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic