70Re: Generating direct to film

    Aug 30, 2001
      Dear Paul

      If I remember Xante had a special piece of equipment that you would
      put the film in to process the negatives. Do you know what the
      chemicals used for this are?

      Laser Buddy consists of Acetone and Isobutyl Acetate, a bit rude, as
      they say. Is this similar to the chemical recipe used for the Xante
      processing? The reason I ask is that Laser Buddy is a spray can, I
      can't imagine there would be enough control here to expect exacting
      reproduction, and I'd hate to be going back to the pre-water wash days
      when PP was a chemical bath operation.

      Though I suppose if you are to process film negatives on this level
      you are going to be dealing with chemical processes. Imagesetters
      don't use toner (aren't they silver based) so I suspect this is a
      faulty direction. Would appreciate any responses to this from anyone.

      I've tried Laser Buddy on a printed laser piece and it certainly pops
      up the dark. It is actually a Document Spray that "dramatically
      improves the quality of any toner-generated image" (ie, it make them
      darker. Nice catch phrase though "High Resolution in a Can"!

      Gerald