6805Re: Phono Labels

  • parallel_imp
    Oct 10, 2006
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "R.Wu" <r.wu@...> wrote:

      > there is more spacing of Vogue Bold if in combo with Vogue Extra Bold
      > than when it is combined with Vogue Oblique.
      > Why is that? How are those combinations in respect to the Intertype
      > matrices? Are those two on one matrice or what?

      Yes, that's what I meant before when I said Vogue Bold could be
      "duplexed" with Vogue Extrabold. Most text-size mats have a regular
      and an auxiliary position. Roman with italic, roman with bold are most
      common, but as long as the widths are the same it could be two
      different faces, like DeVinne with Antique No. 3. Either face can be
      cast from the same mat depending on which position it is in, and mats
      can be either alignment in the same line. The catalog is showing what
      combinations were available in any given font of mats.
      In your particular example there are indeed changes to
      letterspacing when faces are duplexed with different secondary faces.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic